|Time Management Information|
Too Much to Do? Too Little Time?
Hey - Did someone press the FFW button?
Have you ever felt like someone just pressed the Fast-forward button on your day and before you know it the day is over and you are sitting there wondering what you've accomplished?
I love to organize and with working Part Time outside of the home and FULL-TIME at home with my business, 4 children and Husband I really rely on a schedule and many time management tips to keep my sanity (ok, so some of you think I am already insane, I won't argue with that) but at least I am organized ;)
Here are a few of my favorite Time management Tips:
1. Meal Planning: Try planning 1 - 2 weeks worth of meals at a time and write them down on a calendar. Do your shopping accordingly and prep tomorrows dinner today. You will be AMAZED at what a time saver this is.
2. To-Do Lists: I know most people HATE them but they actually do work. Just take a few moments out of your day (either in the morning or in the evening) to make a list for that day or the following day. Be sure to only put down the items that you MUST finish on this list.
3. Delegate: Do you have friends, a husband, children that can pitch in and do a few things for you? If so, be sure to use all of your resources.
4. Morning Rush: Scooting the children out of the door can be a huge time eater! Be sure to prepare lunches, lay out clothes and plan your breakfast the night before. This will make your mornings run a tad smoother.
5. Just say "NO"!: Such a small word that carries a might punch! If you truly can't fit something into your schedule and it is not urgent, just say No!. Keep a list of non-urgent things that you can do on hand for when you do have some down time.
Well, those are just a few of my time management tips. I personally set aside about 15 minutes a night and sit down with my Palm Pilot and make a short TO-DO list for the following day and it is amazing at the time this save.
Also be mindful of your own body. Are you a morning, afternoon or night person? Try to schedule your most time consuming tasks when you have the most energy.
Aurelia Williams is the mom of 4 busy children, a Personal Life Coach and the owner of Real Life Solutions, which is an informational site that also offers products, low cost advertising and a great newsletter. You can visit her site here: http://www.reallifesolutions.net
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
Time Management Wasters
I am an ordinary man - A middle class high tech manager with a good salary, have decided to get rid of my time management wasters. I have found out that I have too much time management wasters.
Save Your Time - Delegate!
Frustration is when an obstacle blocks your ability to achieve a goal. You know it is still possible to achieve it, but you just have no idea how.
Reading -- 10 Ways to Find The Time
Why Read?It's been said that there are three kinds of knowledge:? What you know ? What you know that you don't know, and ? What you don't know that you don't know.What you know is an asset.
Organize Your Time
Most people want to start a home-based business to make more money to supplement their income. The issue though, is finding the time to make this happen.
Time Management is Cause Control
Recently I've experienced a barrage of time wasters. Everything you can imagine, most of them unexpected, many of them self inflicted.
How to Double Your Accomplishment Level
Here's a smart system for doubling or tripling your daily accomplishments -- without working longer hours. This small idea produces big results for business professionals, salespeople, office workers, educators, nurses, plant foremen and politicians.
10 Time-Saving Calendar & Scheduling Tips
Nowhere is the line drawn more clearly between 'Industrial brains' and 'Electronic brains' than when it comes to the way people prefer to keep and use their calendars. These scheduling tips will really make your calendar talk to you, whether you use a packaged set, print out a computer calendar because you like the paper 'view' for better planning, or you synchronize your Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) with your laptop and office computer and it never hits paper.
Tips to Manage Your Time
Time and money are both very important in business. Yet, like me, many business people tend to give a lot more specific thought as to how to spend their money.
Living Life In A Time Starved World
Recently I saw an advertisement for a time management booklet: "Shorter deadlines, competing priorities, endless meetings, interruptions and even higher quality expectations are just some of today's time challenges. And yet the number of hours in the day remains the same.
Procrastination. Id love to but...
When a good friend asked me to contribute a little something for her newsletter it seemed like a great idea. When I cleared the decks and sat down to write it seemed a great time to color-code my closet or whip up a crab casserole.
Time Invested Wisely = Your Dreams
This past Friday I was asked to speak with a person, who just signed into a home-based networking business -- which I know is one of the most effective entrepreneurial methods for an average person to achieve true financial success. My entire conversation/coaching session with this individual was based on the simple theme of working your plan and committing long-term with no thought of ever quitting until the achievement of your ultimate outcome.
How Much Is Poor Time Management Costing You?
* If you were paying you to prioritise emails over coaching your team, would you feel you were getting a good return on your investment?* If you were paying you to waste time on trivia rather than planning your next quarters sales plan - would you think you were getting good value for money?* If you were paying you to sit in numerous unproductive meetings would you feel that was a worthwhile contribution?I suspect that the answer to those questions is no and yet, in effect, that's exactly what you are doing. By choosing to adopt poor time management habits and poorly prioritise what's important you are in effect creating a poor return on investment for your self your organisation or you own business.
How Can I Get Some Time to Myself?
"I never seem to have any time for myself. What can I do?"When my two year old followed me to the toilet today I had very similar thought to yours.
Time Management: Analysis is the Key to Mastery
If you're like most people, you want to get better at managing your time, whether at work or at home. The question is, do you know where to start?Unless you have a clear idea of where you are right now, no road map is going to help you get to your destination.
What Are You Thinking?
What would be your reaction if someone said to you "In the next 24 hours you will be given $10,000 for every chair you sell like the one you are sitting on right now?"How many time management issues will you have? How hard will it be to set priorities for your day? How long would you wait before contacting your first prospect? How much time would you waist chatting on the phone or exchanging emails with friends? Probably will not take the time to be staring out the window or watching the grass grow!Seriously, in that situation would time management be an issue for you? How much of your 24 hour time frame would you spend sitting on that chair instead of talking to people about it? The excitement of getting lots of $10,000 checks would probably motivate you to see as many people as humanly possible in the next 24 hours, right? Most, if not all, of your time management problems would be resolved immediately!Think about this little example, and you will discover the key to success in many areas of your life -- time management, selling, managing, self motivation. One single ingredient determines the success or failure of just about anything you pursue in life.
Time Management - Working Smarter at Work
Let's look at your time management skills. Most of us have to work, and the more you can do in the least amount of time, the better.
Top 10 Ways to Manage Yourself - Time Wise
"Time management" is a myth. Time ticks by, whether you achieve what you want to or not in the run of a day or week.
Freelance Productivity: Do One Thing Extra Each Day
This may not sound like a big deal. But it's amazing how completing one extra task each day can quickly add up and make a difference.
Do You Over Promise and Under Deliver?
A new client recently admitted to me sheepishly that she often didn't get to complete a client's work until the client called to see if it was ready. I admired her honesty if not her time management skills.
Tips to Save One Hour Per Day
At Home? Keep related items together, for example the coffee filters and coffee "live" above or near the coffee maker. (saves 2-5 minutes a day) ? Create a communication center on the fridge for messages, chores etc.
|home | site map|