|Time Management Information|
9 Business Time Management Skills You Need To Succeed
Do you have plenty to do, but don't have enough time to do it all in? These days it appears there is a mad scramble to accomplish more in a shorter amount of time.
As a business owner, there will be times that you feel overwhelmed with tasks you want to accomplish, but seem to never have enough time to complete everything.
Here you will find 9 time management suggestions which will in turn help you accomplish tasks more efficiently and give you a chance to open up more opportunities to do the things you'd rather be doing.
1) Create A To Do List - Having a well plotted "To Do List" will keep you focused on the tasks that need attention and will help you from straying away from the things you want or need to accomplish.
2) Prioritize Your To Do List - If you have a "To Do" list that contains several tasks, it is wise to separate the items that must be done now from the ones that hold lesser importance. Tasks with a deadline should be first on your priority list.
3) Spend Time Planning - Using your time to plan and think ahead is time spent wisely. Having a clear direction where you want your business to be in a few years down the road will allow you to spend your precious time and money more effectively and efficiently. It has been said, that if you do not plan, then you are planning to fail.
4) Create Goals For Yourself - Without goals your life would have no direction. When setting goals be sure to create ones that are specific, achievable, realistic and at the same time cause you to reach beyond your comfort zone so that you gain the ability to reach those goals that are more difficult to obtain than others.
5) Overcome Procrastination - Many people put off things that they don't want to do until the very last minute. One way to overcome procrastination is to work on tasks just a little bit at a time or for only a set time period rather than for long time periods all at once. This way you are still getting your important tasks done, but just at a slower rate.
6) Eliminate Important Tasks First - Check off on your "To Do" list as to which tasks out rank others as far as importance is concerned. By doing this you will not get side tracked or find yourself in a deadline rush to get the items with greater rewards finished on time. Once the important tasks are completed then you should move onto the less important items on your list.
7) Nobody's Perfect - Doing a job well to the best of your abilities is a practice of honorable measures. By spending the time to try and be perfect at everything you do is not time well spent because the time you do spend could be used at accomplishing other important tasks. Although, some things do need to be close to perfect, but not all.
8) Be Flexible - Plan your time so that if there are distractions or emergencies to attend to, you won't find yourself in a situation where you must delay the completion of important tasks, but can attend to the distraction and still keep on schedule.
9) Treat Yourself - To make life happier and healthier for oneself, it is important that you take time away from your work to just have some fun. If all you do is work, work, work, then accomplishing the goals you have set for yourself will have little meaning and you risk mental burnout. Taking time out to have fun is also necessary to relieve yourself from the many stresses that life has to offer.
Dan Preston has been in the ebook business for over 3 years and has enjoyed every moment of it. His website InfoHeaven Digital Books offers a variety of ebooks big enough to answer almost anyone's how-to questions. http://online-book-store.net
Advertising by textad.biz
Go Ahead, click an ad, you know you want to.
Time Management Basics
"At my back I always hear time's winged chariot hurrying near."Time management begins with the realization that without some thought and planning, we are likely to waste a great deal of time in the future and have already wasted a huge amount of our life span in the past.
How to Make More Time For Your Life
Do you wish you could work less and play more? Are you so stuck in the rut you can't see a way out? Have you ever said I wish I had more time for me?Well there is hope. First of all you have to be aware of your situation, have a strong desire to change and then take action.
3 Ways To Do More With Less Time
We live in a world where more is expected of us every day.First there were fax machines, now email and cell phones.
The Kaizen of Goal Setting
There is an old way of goal setting and a new way of goal setting! The old way of goal-setting involved setting yor goals, preparing a list of sub-goals, and then carefully checking them off one after another (as and when they were being accomplished). Am I trying o pour cold water on the goal setting method many of us grw up on? Not necessarilyWhile I am not saying the step-by-step approach does not work, I am advocating a flexible-goal setting approach.
Time Management: Set Yourself Up For Success
Any habit of mind or body that interferes with taking decisive action contributes to your tendency to procrastinate. Think about your good habits and the environment that leads you to be most productive.
Time Management: Eliminate Time Killers to Gain More Hours Every Day
There are two types of time killers in everyone's life. Unless you deal with both, you'll lose productive time every single day and be a lot less effective than you could be.
Fitting An Education Into A Busy Lifestyle
Fitting an education into a busy lifestyleMany people have aspirations to get an education for many reasons. Better jobs, more money and social recognition are some of the more predominant explanations.
Put a Couple of Elephants on Your Plate
How do you eat two elephants? The same way you would eat one; one bite at a time. Monstrous tasks often appear to be complex and overwhelming.
Making the Most of Your Time
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot.
Procrastination, the habit of putting tasks off to the last possible minute, can be a major problem in both your career and your personal life. Missed opportunities, frenzied work hours, stress, overwhelm, resentment, and guilt are just some of the symptoms.
Prioritize with Two Questions
"Because there will always be something more to do, we need to consciously choose what we are doing."-- Helen KsypkaWhy is it such a challenge to prioritize?We have enough to-dos to last for a lifetime.
The Power of 90 Seconds
You can use the Power of 90 Seconds to transform your life. This power will allow you to:=> Prevent countless problems.
10 Ways to Take Back Your Time
I've divided my tips into two sections - 5 ways to manage your time and 5 ways to take back your time. Both offer daily or regular practices to try out in your life right now.
Time Management And How It Affects Your Kids
Last week I attended a presentation from Parenting Expert and well-known author, Stephen Biddulph on "Raising Boys". As I have an 11 year old son, I was interested to hear what Stephen had to say.
Priorities: Dont Dry Your Dishes
Do your dishes really need to be dried, or could you just let the water evaporate? If you spend just 5 minutes per meal drying dishes, that equals a quarter of an hour per day, or 91 hours each year.Imagine spending almost four days in a row standing at the sink drying dishes.
Freelance Productivity: Do One Thing Extra Each Day
This may not sound like a big deal. But it's amazing how completing one extra task each day can quickly add up and make a difference.
How to Find More Time in Your Day-Balancing Career and Family
Goal Planning-Achieving balance in a person's life requires assessment of one's goals and priorities. This translates into sitting down in a quiet atmosphere and taking just a few minutes to think about "What are my priorities in life? What could I never live without?" When one is clear about the things that are important to them in life, it is easier to determine which errands, assignments, and projects to take time out to complete or to dump or delegate.
Time Management: Setting up your Schedule for Success
Would you describe yourself as extremely busy? Do you often feel tired and stressed out? Sometimes our ambition is our worst enemy. Many of us with big goals try to do way too much.
Everythings Blurry Except For You
Riding the subway home yesterday, my typically silent car was enlivened by two young girls and their mothers who hopped on. The girls, 7 years old or so, immediately danced over to the upright pole in the middle of the aisle and started twirling around it.
Discover Your Procrastination Personality
Determine Your Procrastination PersonalityBrook Noel is the author of The Change Your Life Challenge: A 70 Day Life Makeover Program for Women. Learn more at www.
|home | site map|